Thursday, December 13, 2018

Deconstructed Pumpkin Pie Snack - A New Favorite Fall Treat


  I love introducing gymnasts to healthier twists on sweet treats.
                                              For Thanksgiving this year I brought in mini "Deconstructed"                                                     Pumpkin Pies.  The gymnasts added the finishing touches of                                                       whipped cream and pie crust leaves for a fun and festive                                                               celebration.


I found the below recipe and made modifications.


Modification:  I rolled out pie dough and cut out with a leaf cookie cutter.  I baked them until brown.  I topped the pumpkin pie cupcakes with whipped cream and a dough leaf for a “deconstructed” mini pie.  I used whole wheat flour instead of bleached flour.

Ingredients

·         15 oz. pumpkin puree

·         3/4 cup sugar

·         2 eggs

·         1 tsp vanilla

·         3/4 cup evaporated milk

·         2/3 cup flour

·         1/4 tsp baking soda

·         1/4 tsp baking powder

·         2 tsp pumpkin spice

·         1/4 tsp salt



Instructions

1.      Preheat the oven to 350 F.

2.      Grease 12 cup cupcake pan.

3.      In a bowl stir together flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

4.      Mix the pumpkin puree with sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk

5.      Add dry ingredients in the mixture and mix until it’s evenly combine.

6.      Fill the pan with 1/3 cup of the mixture in each cup.

7.      Bake for 20 minutes.

8.      Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 20 minutes than remove them from the pan and let them cool completely. Store them in the fridge.

9.      Top the cupcakes with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on top before serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Basic Nutritional Guidelines Based on Mom Research ( I am NOT a nutirtionist!!)

First the disclosures and disclaimers:  I am not a nutritionist nor do I play one on TV.  I am just a Mom with a student athlete and a PT wh...